8 Rules to Follow When Starting a Diet


Are you trying to lose weight?

While the common adage that 95% of diets fail isn’t true, it’s still very difficult to properly stick to a diet.

But don’t worry, we can help. By following the right rules, you can ensure that your new diet strategy is successful. Check out the eight rules to follow when starting a diet.

1. Drink a Lot of Water

The easiest rule to follow when you’re starting a new diet is to drink a lot of water. Drink at least eight glasses of water every day for optimal health and diet benefits. This can also help keep you fuller for longer, so you will stick to your diet.

2. Go Slowly

Moving slowly towards your new diet is the best way to transition. This will make it easier for your body and your mind to adjust.

3. Work Together

If you have a friend who is starting a new diet at the same time as you, why don’t you team up? Moral support can be a great way to help you stick to your diet. Together, you can create a system to keep you both accountable for your diet.

4. Avoid Fad Diets

Fad diets are more likely to harm than hurt when you’re trying to lose weight. You’re more likely to get frustrated and give up on a fad diet, and you may even end up gaining back more weight than you lost originally.

5. Exercise, Too

You can’t get by on dieting alone. Exercise and diet work in concert to help you achieve your goals.  To succeed at your new routine, you’ll also have to add exercise to your wellness routine.

Start with at least half an hour of moderate exercise a few times a week, and build up from there, to improve your wellness slowly over time. If you’re new to exercise, you can also consider what the best diet for gym beginners is for optimal performance.

6. Limit Alcohol

Alcohol can be a killer when you’re trying to lose weight. It’s much higher in calories than you might think. So, you should limit alcohol to special occasions when you’re attempting to lose weight.

You should also stick to types of alcohol that are lower in fat, carbs, and calories. Clear liquors, like vodka, are a good choice for weight loss.

7. Follow the 8020 Rule Diet

The 8020 rule weight loss is the rule what you eat well 80 percent of the time, and indulge the remaining 20 percent of the time. This helps keep you on track to eat fewer calories than you burn. Different meal plans can help ensure that you follow this rule.

8. Keep Trying

If you end up breaking a rule or compromising your diet, don’t panic. It won’t help for you to stress or come down overly hard on yourself. Keep calm, and carry on when you’re considering the rules of eating food.

Have More Success Starting a Diet Today

Now you should have a lot more luck when you’re starting your next diet. So, what are you waiting for? Start losing weight and feeling better today.

Need more tips and tricks on choosing a successful diet? Contact us today to start your next meal plan.

Inquire us

    Call Now Button